We are excited to learn about what’s working and what’s not in other communities and apply those lessons to our own.
GRO Aurora will consistently provide ways to enhance/showcase/communicate Aurora as the best place to live, work, play and grow in southwest Missouri.
Aurora is a rural community in the Southwest Missouri Ozarks dedicated to economic development, school and community partnerships, service, history, culture, and quality of life.
- Blight Removal: x properties.
- ProjectRISE Families.
- Community engagement programs.
- The new businesses that have opened up downtown feel welcome.
- Two new TIF districts.
- Smaller homes zoning update. Planning for 4 new housing developments.
- New business at Lyla Corners TIF district. Completion of the Domino’s Pizza building.
- Project RISE graduates 3rd class and establishes a community garden.
- Resumption of blight removal efforts (between the city and ABC).
- Revision of the comprehensive plan. Historic zoning overlay.
The following individuals help make the our GRO Aurora projects more effective and impactful.