Carthage is proud to be part of the Growth In The Rural Ozarks (GRO) program, which was launched in 2016 in an effort to help Missouri towns design and launch community and economic development initiatives that can bring sustainable local prosperity. As a locally-led program, Carthage leaders develop projects that address community pain points and contribute to the continued resiliency of our community.
- Established a highly skilled core GRO team that brings an array of experiences.
- Established strong partnership with the city and gained funding support for community engagement.
- Create a more vibrant downtown that helps raise local sales tax.
- Conduct a series of community clean-up efforts.
- Develop a plan for ordinance improvement.
- Learn about best practices from other communities.
- Finalize the economic development strategy for Carthage.
- Project Rise: Launch the program and enroll in the first class.
The following individuals help make the our GRO Carthage projects more effective and impactful.