GRO Program Leadership
The following individuals serve in a dual role. Not only do they help their communities strive for betterment, but they are also helping make the collective GRO project more effective and impactful.
Dr. Tim Ryan
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Value And Outcomes Can We Expect From The Project?
Your community will receive support in the following 6 categories:
- A comprehensive local community assessment and prioritize action items
- Program management, coordination and communication tools
- Access to GRO tools, programs, technology (example: Business attraction, Business retention and growth, Poverty Alleviation: Project RISE, Leadership program, Business911 platform, Business speaker series, etc.)
- Hands-on expert coaching and guidance
- Access to GRO community leaders, experts, community forums
Technology tools (Website and mobile application) to help engage community and manage the program
- Annual federal grant prioritization, grant writing and management
- Marketing materials and expertise to drive local community engagement
The effort will focus on moving a combination of the following metrics:
- Number of businesses in the community
- Number of open commercial and retail spaces in town
- Average household income
- Population size
- Population with certifications and degrees
- Local poverty rate
Asset base of local foundation (measure of community engagement)
- Local tax base (sales, property, bed)
- Average household property value
Number of people actively (>5 hours/month) engaged in community development
- Community confidence and enthusiasm
2. How Will We Measure The Impact Of Our Work?
3. What is the selection criteria to quality for the project?
(i) Most critical element of the selection criteria is a local committed and cohesive leadership team that is willing to spend time, energy and resources to help improve their local community.
(ii) Become actively engaged in the GRO cross-community programming and help the fellow communities succeed
There is a base programming calendar. This curriculum will be customized
based on each community’s local assessment.