We need help with:
- Are you a business that is looking to develop a long-term talent pipeline? Would you like to support our local talent development efforts?
- Did you graduate from Buffalo High School? Are you looking for opportunities to get involved with local businesses or local youth?
- Please contact us…we need your leadership!
WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
Lack of collaboration between the business and the community leaders can lead to missed opportunities related to economic, community, and workforce development. GRO Buffalo will connect to local businesses, (1) To help integrate alumni talent with local internships. (2) Encourage businesses to use the GRO Nucleus jobs platform. (3) Share success stories where local alumni have been placed into local jobs.
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
- Invite 20 businesses onto the new integrated jobs platform, and place 12 interns in local opportunities. (will be released in Fall 2022)
- Continue to explore opportunities for businesses and industries to be involved with the Dallas County Technical Center.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
- The GRO team is working to identify a short list of businesses to start connecting internships to alumni. The team will then begin proactively engaging with them.
- Students at the tech center are creating “Get To Know Businesses in Buffalo” videos for outreach and telling small business stories to promote more businesses to open up in Buffalo.
- Meetings between the school district, the tech center, career center, and Dallas County Missouri Economic Development (DED) will coordinate more involvement and tours for students and teachers. The team is reaching out to the industry consultants, home builders associations, and contractors associations.
- Industry tours with students are being conducted with the Dallas Technical Center, DED, and home builders’ associations.
- Businesses have started reaching out for internships.
- High school Junior and GRO intern Kailyn Smith is now also an intern with GRO leader Tracy Strictland with her insurance business in Buffalo.
- Next Step: Miles sends videos to Tanya and will help decide how we would like them formatted.
- New businesses:
- Taco Bell and others