Community Engagement Aurora
We need help with:
– Do you have expertise in social media? Graphic design? Photography? Videography or Writing? We could use your help to be part of our commitment to helping spread the “GRO” word. No threshold on time commitment.
– We would love your help!
WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
– We are tasked with telling and sharing Aurora’s story from a variety of platforms. – We want to preserve vital history and tradition, while providing an atmosphere for new ideas, fresh vision and authentic engagement. We want to promote information to assist in improving quality of life and economic development issues in our community.
– We aspire to get more of the community aware of all the activities and gain engagement beyond one-time participation. The goal is to create a deeper level of citizen engagement and involvement, enhancing the connection to the community.
– We are driving towards gaining 3.5% of the population to be actively involved.
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
Create engagement and awareness through the implementation of various communication modes. We are striving towards the goal of gaining 3.5% of the population to be actively involved.
– Help plan and promote 150 Ways to Celebrate Aurora Event.
– Create a sesquicentennial logo.
– Continue to look at grants, resources and funding.
– Host a leadership academy and other workshops with help from MSU and other sources.
– Help promote an additional survey through GRO and MSU.
– Let AHS leadership students help plan celebration events and a GRO assessment presentation.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
– Created a Gro logo and shirts, added signage.
– Promoted One Town. One Team. One Heartbeat slogan.
– Supported high participation in two surveys.
– Maintained a solid presence on social media.
– Brought AHS leadership class to the meetings.
– Hosted Smithsonian Exhibit at armory with Alumni Outreach group.
– Talking to organizers of PBS documentary project
– 15 students finished Rotary Speech project
– YEP finished Springfield Chamber Externship.
– Work on continuing literacy project next year with Aurora Reads/Digital Library
GOALS FOR 2021
– Working on a variety of programs: Town Mural, Medal of Honor Day, Historical coloring book, School reunions, Scholarships, YEP Program, Online Library
MAJOR WINS TO- DATE
NEXT 4 WEEKS PLAN
– May 27: Putting up flags
– June 11: Mural inauguration picnic
– Hall of Fame induction, for 2021
– Landscaping/Veterans Memorial/Time Capsule Project resumes at Armory/Alumni Center