Community Outreach and Engagement
We need help with:
- Do you have expertise in social media? Graphic design? Photography? Videography or Writing? We could use your help to be part of our commitment to helping spread the “GRO” word. No threshold on time commitment. We would love your help!
WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
Sometimes, local citizens are unaware of the direction where their community is heading. This lack of understanding causes disengagement and, at worst, mistrust. It is incumbent upon local leaders to proactively share details about community strategies, local development priorities, and progress with local citizens. The GRO Buffalo team will use several tools and techniques to tackle this opportunity by using social media, in-person events, and newsletters.
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
- Create engagement and awareness through the implementation of various communication modes.
- We are striving to gain 3.5% of the population to be actively involved.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
- Over the last year, the team has been working to conduct a host of outreach efforts: establishing a Facebook page, launching a newsletter, etc.
- Collect high-level social media metrics.
- Acquired over 70 new emails to their email list from December to May.
- The team has sent out almost 12 newsletters in the past year.
- The GRO Team has hired two great local interns from Buffalo High School. Senior Noah Maddux and Junior Kailyn Smith to support these efforts.
- Noah Maddox is running a permanent events list to post on the Nucleus and use in the newsletter.
- Kailyn Smith is uploading photos and gathering interviews with our citizen spotlight form to highlight on social media.
- GRO Leader Joy Beamer is continuing to cover GRO efforts in the local newspaper The Buffalo Reflex.
- Continue encouraging Noah and Kailyn to post more frequently on social media.
GOALS FOR 2021
MAJOR WINS TO- DATE
– Kailyn is getting the ball rolling and getting posts on social media.
NEXT 4 WEEKS PLAN
– Onboard the student intern.
– Begin gathering media materials.