We need help with:
- Do you have expertise in social media? Graphic design? Photography? Videography or Writing? We could use your help to be part of our commitment to helping spread the “GRO” word. No threshold on time commitment. We would love your help!
WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
Local citizens sometimes lack the knowledge on the direction where their community is headed. This lack of understanding causes dis-engagement and at worst mistrust. It is incumbent upon local leaders to proactively share with local citizens details about community strategies, local development priorities, and progress. In order to tackle this opportunity, GRO Eldon team will use several tools and techniques: social media, in-person events, and newsletters.
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
- Create engagement and awareness through the implementation of various communication modes.
- We are striving towards the goal of gaining 3.5% of the population to be actively involved.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
- The team has been working over the last year to conduct a host of outreach efforts: establishing a Facebook page, launching a newsletter, etc.
- The team has hired a really great local intern college student Reagan Limbach to support the efforts.
- Reagan has developed a survey form for community members to give quotes and images for our outreach efforts.
- Regan also has connected with the Miller County Historical Society to Cross Communicate Efforts on social media. This has seen great success and is continuing to reach more people to spread the economic development efforts in Eldon.
- Megan and the team will be watching the newspaper to hopefully help spread some of the great work going forward with city infrastructure.
- Next Steps:
- How can the city, GRO, and School share community outreach email lists?
- Potential IT/Intern project to go through and update the local mailing list
- Working on a feature with several organizations on the Nucleus, to make the Nucleus the hub for community events and spotlights. This will include videos highlighting businesses within Eldon to encourage more small businesses and people to come to have fun in Eldon.
GOALS FOR 2021
– Start a presence on social media.
– Begin a series of community events.
– Obtain 3.5% of emails’
– The Nucleus site is now established. Team has developed a video
– Conducted “Small Town Big Heart” Service program. (172 hours; 84 volunteers; 24 emergency bags; Raised $3,800)
– Have developed an integrated outreach process. Nucleus 2.0 has been
MAJOR WINS TO- DATE
NEXT 4 WEEKS PLAN
– Will add 126 emails from the fundraising group to the GRO List
– Discussed the plan moving forward. Miles and Hrishue will create templates to remind people and give a motive to fill out the survey.
– Will get interns coming in by the end of the month.