GRO Rural Innovation Program (GRIP)
We need help with:
- We can always use some local business mentors to help our students. Please reach out to us if you would like to help.
WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
True community prosperity can only be fostered when local citizens begin to look at their communities through the lens of abundance: the abundance of ideas, innovation, and opportunities. This program will help support and catalyze innovation and local entrepreneurship in rural Missouri communities. The Growth In The Rural Ozarks (GRO) team is spearheading the program and is receiving support from an array of regional partners. For this first pilot year of the program, we will focus on our High School Students.
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
- Launch a pilot program in Ash Grove.
- Learn from the experiences of launching the program.
- Determine what the students and teachers liked about the program and refine the program.
- Re-launch the program in Fall, 2022.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
- The Ash Grove team students worked on the program throughout the 2021-2022 school year.
- The students reviewed the local GRO Community survey to determine potential local challenges and opportunities.
- The Ash Grove students led by their teacher Kelly Blankenship conducted a tour of the community.
- The students formed teams and developed their business plans for the final competition for business ideas to bring to Ash Grove.
- The team had GRO mentors come in and speak to them about what business ownership looks like.
- They conducted a local pitch in front of local business mentors.
- The first and second prize of $250 went to Ash Grove’s students for their Snack Shake business.
GOALS FOR 2021
– Launch the pilot program with local schools, with the goals to launch all three programs.
– Get a handful of schools engaged with the program ( Launch the pilot programs).
MAJOR WINS TO- DATE
NEXT 4 WEEKS PLAN
– Created a Gmail Account.
– Business stat-up checklist.
– Meeting with 4-6 businesses.