We need help with:
- If you are looking to volunteer, please contact us!
- If you are a property owner, help us to rehab your property.
WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
Community beautification is a key component of economic and community development. A welcoming community is important for businesses to start, thrive, and expand.
A clean, vibrant, and well-maintained community is inspiring to local citizens and is welcoming to visitors. Such communities are also very attractive for economic development. This GRO Buffalo volunteer lead project conducts monthly clean-up events across the community. The team has conducted 30+ events and engaged 100+ volunteers to date.
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
- Continue the program, coordinating volunteer groups and clean-up efforts around the community.
- Make the community more attractive by putting in the work together.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
- The GRO Team has mapped out outreach efforts to promote and encourage more community members to join.
- They are creating social media flyers, social media posts, and articles in their GRO Monthly Newsletter.
- The first Helping Hands event of 2022 was on March 26th. The community trash pickup event was a success and was well attended.
- On April 18th, the team power washed and re-stained bleachers and backstops of the softball fields at the new park in Buffalo and walking bridge. They also picked up trash around the park and greenway trail.
- On June 4th, the team power washed and stained the railing around the pavilion. They painted the side of the fairground bathroom.
- On June 11th, the team went out to the cemetery. Using chainsaws, they cut down trees within the area. They also power-washed headstones, weeded ditches, and removed four loads of debris.
- The next event will be on July 9th, at Pocket Park, to power wash and stain the equipment. The team will also be doing a trash pickup along the greenway trail.
GOALS FOR 2021
– Conduct a series of community clean-up efforts.
MAJOR WINS TO- DATE
NEXT 4 WEEKS PLAN
– Plan for more clean up events in the near future.