Housing Restoration and Development
We need help with:
- We are looking for leaders who have various housing-related skills: real estate agents, developers, individuals looking to buy a home, etc. Your insights will be very helpful as we develop our town housing strategy.
- If you are a local developer or real estate agent, contact us to help to identify future housing.
- Do you want to help Ash Grove to highlight the great citizens restoring homes and community areas? Reach out and let us know!
WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
Quality and affordable housing is the fundamental asset that is needed to attract/retain young families to Ash Grove. The GRO team will work alongside the Ash Grove City Hall to create and mobilize a plan that helps improve local housing stock.
Restoring homes and the community help retain/attract citizens. Community members feel like the town is cleaner, safer, and more welcoming when areas are refurbished and clean. The council was created to bring explicit focus to this opportunity. 2022 Goals: Relaunch the community beautification awards, and conduct three community cleanup events.
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
- Clean eight properties.
- Develop new ordinances in the first six months.
- Support street clean-ups, and paint three properties on Mainstreet (and the old jailhouse).
- Relaunch the restoration awards, and clean up efforts.
- Identify one or two houses or sites to build affordable housing.
- RECLAIM Buildings and identity.
- REVITALIZE: A sense of community
- REAWAKEN: Passion and energy
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
- Win: The GRO team and the City conducted an Earth Day event where they cleaned the city’s property. At this event, they also were able to paint the old jail and three buildings downtown. They are planning to continue painting the main street.
- Win: The GRO team has worked to renovate the American Legion Hall for the Chamber and the city to use as a meeting space.
- Win: The GRO team and the City are working together to develop sidewalks in town to give access to the community. The city has recently updated a handicapped parking lot on the main street to continue to make sure everyone has access to it.
- Win: A restaurant that was originally located closer to the highway has moved to the main street.
- Win: The Restoration Council has started its monthly beautification award to encourage families to keep their property clean and celebrate individuals who are making Ash Grove a beautiful place to live.
- Win: The pocket park has been developed.
- Win: City Hall has hired an individual to help with building inspector and code enforcement. The city hopes to develop deeper relationships with local and regional developers.
- Win: City is working on refreshing road striping.
- Win: The Birch Furniture store building: Developed a second outdoor wedding venue.
- Win: Gazebo is being moved back to the main street.
- Future goals: Move the Farmer’s Market and the petting zoo to the Carriage House.