Sustainable Leadership and Buffalo’s Leadership Program
We need help with:
- If you are interested in joining the leadership program, please contact us! We welcome all new leaders in our community.
- A leader is hiding inside each of us. Sometimes this leader needs a nudge, support, and guidance to break out of their shell. If you are this person, then our GRO Leadership program is just the opportunity for you. Get to learn more about your local community, the region, and the state and what role you could potentially play in transforming our small part of the world!
WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
The key to community prosperity is strong local leadership. Often, the same group of individuals serve in a variety of leadership roles and, as a result, experience burnout. Furthermore, local citizens who could be potential leaders lack knowledge of how to participate. Buffalo’s Leadership Program nurtures community members to take on leadership roles. This program works with a multigenerational group of citizens. It provides them with an immersive experience to learn about their community, the city hall, the schools, non-profits, and the local and state governments.
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
- Successfully launched and supported the 4th GRO Buffalo Leadership Class.
- Recruit a diverse set of leaders for the 5th GRO Buffalo Leadership Class. Recruitment will begin in the Fall of 2022.
- Produce 10-30 leaders who learn about the community and eventually take on leadership roles.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
- The leadership program saw great participation with its graduation this April.
- The program graduated its third class and took students on trips across the state. The team also took a trip to Jefferson City to meet with government offices there.
- GRO leader Joy Beamer with the Buffalo Reflex connected with members and sought out quotes to promote the leadership program on Facebook and in the GRO Monthly newsletter.
- The GRO Leadership team is starting to reach out for the next class in January 2023.
- Forty people are interested in the next class of the leadership program.
- Alumni continue to stay connected and did so with a pizza party as a networking event.
- Tracy Strictland, the GRO Buffalo Leadership program leader, will be speaking with a group in Versailles about the program and other GRO projects.
- GRO Intern Kailyn Smith is now an apprentice for GRO Leader Tracy Strickland and her insurance company.
GOALS FOR 2021
MAJOR WINS TO- DATE
– Seeing some leaders from the program are taking positions.