Local Economic Development
WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
– The community is investigating how to go about and establish a formal economic development position in Aurora.
– Proactively visiting local businesses and start to gauge critical needs. Through these visits, the team hopes to make it easier for these businesses to expand their businesses in our town.
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
– The goal is to find ways to bring more revenue into the city: more jobs, more housing, and better business retention and attraction.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
GOALS FOR 2021
– Establish a more organized strategy on how the community is going to drive economic development.
MAJOR WINS TO- DATE
NEXT 4 WEEKS PLAN
– Looking at 353 tax incentive to support local business expansion, which will add 15 jobs.
– Lila Corner – Looking to make a convenience store/ fast food/ hotel
– Dominos – Nearing completion of their construction