We need help with:
– If you would like to contribute your time/ expertise/ or become a mentor for families, we would love you to be part of our Project Rise support team. You can volunteer your time, (estimated 1-3 hours a month or more).
– Contact us to see how you can help!
WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
– We have a portion of our community members, who face acute challenges related to poverty. While there are many issues that cause a person to face such challenges, our goal is to ensure that when people find themselves in such a situation, that there is appropriate support available to them.
– The goal of the program is not “give a hand out” but to “give a hand up”. The program has been developed using the Northwest Project as a guiding curriculum. This structure will not only help the individuals/families be more productive but will also provide awareness. This support will possibly break down misperception for those who do not live in the “paycheck to paycheck” situation.
– This awareness also hopefully will help the broader community and bring more empathy and productivity.
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
Give access to the program for all families that need support and guidance. Our ultimate goal is to eliminate the cycle of living “paycheck to paycheck” and help de-stigmatize people who might need help.
– Get the garden up and running.
– Create a better structure for our meals.
– Graduate the current class of 9 families.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
-We were able to quickly go to a virtual program given the COVID constraints.
– We were able to have ~15 families go through the program.
– Increased the credit score of the 2018 class by an average of 80 points.
– Have established a deep relationship with First Independent Bank.
– Have made 5 loans. All the payments have made their payments on time.
– Families have cleared their debt, and are feeling financially free for the first time.
– Continuing to support the program.
– Mercy will pay for the program
– Received a Coover’s grant
GOALS FOR 2021
– Successfully work with the third class (9 families).
– Establish a community garden.
MAJOR WINS TO- DATE
NEXT 4 WEEKS PLAN
– Enhance the community garden.