We need help with:
- If you would like to contribute your time/ expertise/ or become a mentor for families, we would love you to be part of our Project Rise support team.
- You can volunteer your time, (estimated 1-3 hours a month or more). Contact us to see how you can help!
- Are you a family that could use a little support? Please contact us.
WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
This complete wrap-around program provides support to individuals and families that are trapped in a generational cycle of poverty. Through this program, families living paycheck to paycheck can stabilize their finances (increase their income, reduce debt, etc), and chart a path to personal prosperity.
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
- Launch this initiative.
- Launch the program and get our first class through the program (5-7 families).
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
- The GRO team has found their champion to lead the Project RISE program in Hermann. GRO leader Elise Bellefontaine and her team are determined to get the program up and running in Hermann.
- Bellefontaine has held a very successful fundraiser at the Dueling Piano’s Bar in Hermann where she was able to raise a great about of money for the curriculum to start their first cohort.
- Wins: Purchased the curriculum; $2,500
- The team met with Mercy Hospital to maybe see if there’s a way to connect the two programs.
- Hoping to have a flyer at the job fair on 4/12/22 about Project RISE.
- Potential areas where we can recruit families: Churches, judges, hospitals, County mental
- Bellefontaine has found a potential connection with a women’s shelter, the Union House from Gasconade county, where they might be interested in helping families join the program.
- The GRO Team decided that starting the program in the Union House is a great way to begin and learn the program.
- Elise Bellefontaine, the lead for Project RISE in Hermann will connect with the Union House and start the next steps of Project RISE.
GOALS FOR 2021
Get the program kicked off. Recruit families for the first class.
We have identified and connected with potential participants, we have a location (pending approval) and facilitator in place. we are moving forward with purchasing an evidence-based curriculum.
The funding for the program has been secured and the program is ready to be launched.
MAJOR WINS TO- DATE
NEXT 4 WEEKS PLAN
Recruit 4-5 families
–Currently recruiting families and going to connect to a community member who might be able to contact people who would benefit from Project RISE.