Sustainable Leadership and Community Engagement:
We need help with:
- Do you have marketing expertise, or social media knowledge? We’d love your help spreading our outreach efforts!
- Do you have an interest in taking on a leadership position in GRO? Reach out to see how we can connect!
WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
The most critical ingredient to help build a community is strong local leadership. This effort is focused on 3 items: (1) Inform: Drive a strong outreach into the community and make citizens aware of community development efforts, (2) Recruit citizens to serve their time, treasure, and talent, and (3) Leadership: Develop a stronger cadre of local leaders who can help propel Carthage into prosperity. 2022 Goal: Engage and inform 3.5% of our population.
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
- Engage and inform 3.5% of our population.
- Initiate a marketing intern position on the GRO program.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
- The GRO Carthage Outreach team hired Carthage Highschool GRO Intern Connor Layman who works about 6 hours a week to develop the Carthage Facebook Page and posts regularly about projects, events, and developments in Carthage.
- The GRO Carthage Outreach team is meeting monthly with Miles to plan for that month’s outreach efforts.
- As a next step, the team will begin engaging with other community organizations to learn about their efforts and connect better together.
- The team is posting regularly and now is connecting community members to the Facebook page.
- We’ve connected to Rotary and would like to speak with Hispanic Connections.
GOALS FOR 2021
MAJOR WINS TO- DATE
NEXT 4 WEEKS PLAN
People Working On The Project
A member of the Missouri Optometric Association Leadership Team and Dr. at Carthage Vision